Monday 21 March 2011

Basic Greetings in Thai

Hello, good morning: sawasdee (krup/kaa)
How are you?: sabai dee reu?
Thank you: kop koon (krup/kaa)
never mind: mai pen rai
Fine thanks: sabai dee (krup/kaa)
I cannot speak thai: phoot Thai mai dai
Please speak slowly: prohd phoot cha-cha
I don't understand: mai kao chai
Do you understand?: kao chai mai?
May I take a photograph?: tai ruup dai mai?
May I use the telephone?: kor chai torasap dai mai?
Where is the rest room?: hong nam yoo tee nai?
How much does this cost?: nee tao-rai (krup/kaa)
What is this?: nee arai?
Very expensive: paeng maag
Do you have something cheaper?: mii tuuk gwaa nee mai?
The bill please: gep taang (krup/kaa)
Goodbye: la gon
See you again: laew phob gan mai
Pleased to meet you: dee jai thee dai phob gan
Happy new year: sawasdee pee mai
Happy birthday: sooksan wan gerd
Good luck!: kor hai chok dee!
Sorry/excuse me: kor thoad
Does anyone speak english?: mee krai pood pasa ang-grit dai bang mai?
I need a doctor: tong karn mor ma raksa
Delicious!: a-roy!

(source:http://www.learningthai.com/greetings.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment